Interview Series 2: Quimetal Industrial increases presence of copper-based fungicides in the African and Asian market
Jul. 20, 2018
- Grace Yuan
Grace Yuan, editor of AgroPages. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interview Series 5: Spiess-Urania Chemicals committed to high-quality differentiated copper–based products for more than 200 years
- Interview Series 4: Shyam Chemicals is focusing on developing the Chinese markets over the copper-based fungicides and actively engaging with potential partners
- Interview Series 3: Industrias Químicas del Vallés (IQV) centers on copper-based fungicides and continuously expands its product portfolio
- Interview Series 1: Nufarm offers excellent copper-based fungicide solutions
Accordingly, AgroPages recently came up with a special topic surrounding copper-based fungicides/bactericide product and invited some key players in this field to share their views over the global market landscape, product series, core strengths, application situation, as well as future development prospects. The second interviewee is Nicolás Camino M., Commercial Director and member of the Board at Quimetal Industrial S.A.
Q1: Can you describe your company’s product line of copper-based, major markets, application and promotion situation? What markets are more interesting that you’ve seen?
Quimetal is a private Chilean company dedicated for more than 68 years to the manufacturing of a complete range of copper and Sulphur fungicides, including copper hydroxide, copper oxychloride, cuprous oxide and Bordeaux mixture, in formulated and technical forms. Our products are sold in the five continents with an important market share in America and Europe. Our goal is to increase our participation in the African and Asian market through alliances with important companies. We are optimistic about the future of copper due to the wide use of it and the increase of organic agriculture.
Q2: Currently, more companies are getting involved in copper-based fungicide industry as its excellent performance, how do you differentiate your products?
More than new players in copper production, we see more interest in agrochemical companies for the use of copper fungicides combined with their own molecules, to decrease the appearance of resistance of their own products. The most important features of our products are the very low heavy metals contents, the WG formulation and flexibility in packaging. Due to our free economy and the free trade agreements signed by Chile, we can sell our products in the main markets, without duties and very fast delivery.
Q3: How was the performance of Chinese market in recent years? How do you see the development prospect of Chinese market ?
China represents our most important challenge for our copper products. We have been very successful in the market for more than 5 years, with customers that value the quality of our products, outstanding the low content of heavy metals and excellent formulations. We are optimistic about this market, that demands high quality products.
Q4: What obstacles have you’ve experienced when you’re trying to bring a product to a new market? How did you tackle them?
The most important barrier for new markets is the registration process. We have a very complete file for each product in order to register our products around the world. This was a very important investment of our company, that allows us to be present in the main markets.
Q5: Could you share with us the future development planning of your company in the field of copper-based fungicides?
We have important plans for copper products, that we will inform to our customers and the market in the coming months, but the goal is to increase our market share in the markets we currently serve, and to be more present in the market where we are starting sales. Our company is located in the world’s main copper producer country, which permits to have availability and very high quality raw materials.
If you are also the player in the field of copper-based fungicides/bactericide products and would like to join the above topic discussion/promote your products, pls contact us via: email@example.com
More from AgroNews
- Brazil AgrochemShow 2018: Exemption of adjuvants from registration requires legal attention
- Most Chinese listed pesticide enterprises’ semi-annual performance in 2018 predicted to grow
- QSAR (Quantitative structure-activity relationship) Models: An Increasing Trend in Toxicological Evaluations for Pesticides Registration
- Interview Series 1: New Solutions for Control of Asian Soybean Rust in South America