BASF is strengthening its cotton portfolio from seed to harvest with the introduction of two new seed treatment packages, Core and Prime seed treatments. These new offerings bring together industry-leading seed treatment fungicides along with Copeo® Seed Treatment nematicide in every bag of FiberMax® and Stoneville® cotton seed. The seed treatment packages are commercially available on all FiberMax and Stoneville seed varieties through local BASF Authorized Cottonseed Sub-Agents for use in the 2021 cotton growing season.
“Our goal at BASF is to provide growers with the most effective tools to get the job done, and that means offering them a choice in seed treatment packages that best fit their needs,” said Hadley Howard, Product Manager, US Cottonseed. “Both Core and Prime seed treatment packages offer growers early season protection against diseases and nematodes while Prime seed treatment package is our elite offer for cotton farmers seeking enhanced protection and early-season vigor.”
Key Benefits of Prime Seed Treatment for Cotton
Harnessing the power of F500® fungicide and Xemium® fungicide, Prime seed treatment provides growers with maximum protection of their seed investment and contributes to rapid emergence, improved vigor and healthier plants in tough planting conditions.
- Protects against key early-season seed and seedling diseases such as Rhizoctonia solani, Pythium, Fusarium, and Thielavioposis basicola.
- Defends against damage caused by early season insects, including thrips and aphids.
- Protects cotton roots from economically significant nematodes, including reniform and root-knot nematodes, enabling increased growth, vigor and higher yield potential.
Key Benefits of Core Seed Treatment for Cotton
Similar to Prime seed treatment, Core seed treatment also includes F500® fungicide providing growers with baseline protection from key early season diseases, such as:
- Rhizoctonia solani, Pythium, Fusarium, and Thielavioposis basicola.
- Protects cotton roots from economically significant nematodes, including reniform and root-knot nematodes.