BASF presented AgroStart for the first time at international agribusiness event in the US
Apr. 10, 2017
At its third edition in the United States, the summit brought together specialists from over 20 countries to debate the main challenges and opportunities for partnerships to drive the adoption of digital tools in the Latin American agriculture chain.
In the workshop “Partnerships and Collaboration to accelerate growth in an emerging innovation ecosystem” the BASF Digital Marketing Manager, Crop Protection, for Latin America, Almir Araújo, showed how the AgroStart program has contributed to accelerating the growth in agribusiness-focused solutions in Latin America.
“Taking part in the World Agri-Tech Innovation Summit was one way of confirming Latin America’s potential for developing agriculture-focused digital solutions, as well as demonstrating how BASF, via AgroStart, can support the development of these entrepreneurs”, Almir Araújo pointed out.
Entrepreneurs from South America interested in taking part in the program are encouraged to submit their ideas in five different categories: crop management, automation in the field, inventory management, precision agriculture and traceability. Further information can be found at website: http://bit.ly/2o5I4YZ.
• Investments of up to R$ 150,000 for each selected start up were made in South America.
• Based on a collaboration with ACE, a company with proven experience in start-up acceleration.
• Start-ups get access to a comprehensive acceleration program, which includes training, business and team development, as well as management professionalization.
• Coaching and mentoring is provided by business people and mentors who are well known in agribusiness and start-up development.
• Consultancy and support is given for innovation and growth in planning and controlling, operations, marketing and sales.
• The entrepreneur can rely on BASF's experience, organization and customer base and get access to the national and international networks of BASF and ACE.
• At the end of the program, BASF will evaluate investment opportunities via its own fund, BASF Venture Capital. Partnerships with BASF can also be established to look for funding, procurement or distribution of their products and services.
More from AgroNews
Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.