nav Searchuser
Maxunitech Inc.
Beijing Multigrass Formulation Co., Ltd.

Subsidy deliver mechanism for fertilisers might see minor changesqrcode

Oct. 11, 2012

Favorites Print
Forward
Oct. 11, 2012
The Indian union cabinet is likely to make some changes in the subsidy disbursement mechanism for fertilisers. Also, the use of jute bags might be made mandatory for foodgrain and sugar bags of over 25 kg.
 
Currently, 100% of the subsidy on Urea is given to the manufacturers as soon as the fertiliser is received at local levels. For Phosphate and Potash fertilisers, 85% is given on receipt similar to Urea and the remaining 15% is given when the state governments certify the sale of those fertilisers.
 
Officials in the know also said that the confirmation SMS from the dealers might be made mandatory before the disbursement of subsidy from the centre.
 
Though analysts expect the 85% reimbursement for P and K to be increased, industry officials feared that the 100% Urea reimbursement is not brought down.
 
The mobile based fertiliser monitoring system was started earlier this calendar year with an aim of direct transfer of fertiliser subsidy to the consumers along with the proper tracing of movement of subsidised fertilisers.
 
There have been complaints of subsidised Urea as well as Potash being diverted for industrial use while Urea was also allegedly getting smuggled into some bordering countries.
 

Picture 0/1200

More from AgroNews

Sichuan Lomon Bio Technology Co., Ltd.

Magazine

2019 CRO & CRAO Manual 2019 Market Insight
2019 India Pesticide Suppliers Guide 2019 Biologicals Special
2019 Latin America Focus 2019 Formulation & Adjuvant Technology
Subscribe Comment

Subscribe 

Subscribe Email: *
Name:
Mobile Number:  

Comment  

Picture 0/1200

Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.