BASF raises prices of carboxylic acids and mixtures
Nov. 16, 2007
- Formic acid, 85% / + 100 €/t
- Formic acid, 99 % / + 120 €/t
- 2-Ethylhexanoic acid / + 70 €/t
- Isononanoic acid / + 100 €/t
- Propionic acid / + 50 €/t
- Mixtures based on formic acid:
- Lupro-Cid® (64% formic acid content) / + 90 €/t
- Lupro-Mix® (43% formic acid content) / + 60 €/t
BASF’s customers successfully use formic acid and mixes containing formic acid in multiple applications. In animal nutrition, they serve to improve feed hygiene and digestion, and as a result allow food of animal origin to be produced in a particularly eco-efficient manner. Formic acid removes paints and rust from metallic surfaces and scale from kettles and boilers. In breweries and wineries it disinfects kegs, casks and barrels; applied as an auxiliary in the pharmaceutical and crop protection industry it regulates pH values; in cleaning it acts as dirt remover and disinfectant. BASF is the world’s leading producer of formic acid, with production plants at its integrated Verbund sites in Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Nanjing, China.
More from AgroNews
Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.