−− Novel insecticide offers flexible, long-lasting control in greenhouses, nurseries and landscapes
Apr. 17, 2020
“Our team at Bayer is excited to finally bring this innovation to growers in New York,” said John Wendorf, customer marketing manager for Bayer Lawn and Ornamentals. “Altus insecticide provides flexible and longlasting control against insects in landscapes and greenhouses.”
Altus, containing Flupyradifurone, is a novel insecticide that is a great fit for integrated pest management programs and can be used at any time during the production cycle. With an excellent non-target safety profile, Altus is compatible with many beneficial predators, as well as honey bees and bumble bees.
Other product features of Altus insecticide include:
• Drench applications for long-lasting control
• No application timing restrictions. Labeled for use before, during and after plant bloom
• Excellent residual control up to 4-6 weeks
• Four-hour re-entry interval (REI) minimizes business disruption (12-hour REI in CA)
• Rapid and strong feeding cessation effect on targeted insects
• Rotational chemistry reduces risk of resistance
• One product treats all greenhouse crops, including vegetable transplants
• Classified as a reduced risk product by the EPA
As the most economical non-neonic insecticide for drench application on the market, Altus insecticide is the perfect addition to any insect management program.
More from AgroNews
Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.