CALIBUR™: A unique organic copper fungicide with dual mode of action
Mar. 17, 2020
Unique Advantages of CALIBUR™
* Unique mechanism: Featuring dual bactericidal mechanism, it has not only the thiazole groups with unique therapeutic effect on bacteria, but also has copper ions with excellent prevention function on bacteria and fungi, so the efficacy is obviously better than usual bacterial fungicides.
* High safety: It has an extremely low toxicity (LD50>5050mg/kg), and can be used in all growth stages of crops under usual concentrations. It is safe for human, livestock, fish, birds, bees, silkworms and natural enemies, with low residue and no pollution to the environment. It can be mixed with most pesticides.
High efficiency: Featuring excellent performance, fast action, and strong systemic conductivity (can be used for root treatment), it has an excellent protection (prevention) and treatment effect. At the usual dosage, the duration of efficacy can last 10-14 days.
* Broad spectrum: It has special efficacy against bacterial diseases and high efficacy against fungal diseases. It can be used against 30 more diseases for various crops.
* Advanced technology: Featuring ultrafine suspension concentrate, it has high suspensibility, good dispersibility and strong adhesion.
* None resistance: It can be used throughout the year, without causing pests like red spiders to re-emerge due to proliferation. It will not occur any resistance for repeated uses.
* Synergism: Easy to be absorbed by crops, it can effectively supplement copper ions, promote crop growth, and make leaves green, which will make harvested fruits and vegetables brightly colored, and their quality significantly improved.
Features of CALIBUR™
This product is a highly effective systemic and conductive fungicide. The chemical structure of CALIBUR™ is ring-shaped, with the characteristics of high stability and efficacy, it is easier to enter the tissues of crops (systemic conduction). Under the action of enzymes in the crops, the ring-shaped structure breaks down to form copper ions and thiazole groups.
When thiazole groups enter plant's pitted vessel, bacteria will be severely damaged. It makes the plant’s cell wall becoming thinner and then disintegrated, thus causing the death of bacteria. Some of the bacteria in the other two vessels in the plant (spiral vessel and annular vessel) are affected, with their cells not dividing, and thus the disease is controlled.
* Copper ions have both fungicidal and bactericidal effects.
The copper ion in CALIBUR™ is exchanged with the cations (H +, K +, etc.) on the surface of the cell membrane of pathogens, causing the protein to coagulate and kill the pathogens. Some copper ions penetrate into pathogens cell and combine with certain enzymes to disturb their activity, leading to dysfunction and the death of pathogens.
* Apply with fine spray of 500 times dilution with water for general crops and spray the leaves wet; coarse spray or pouring at the base with 500-800 times dilution with water for root or soil-borne diseases. Apply 1.5kg/ha for rice.
* Application period: Taking early prevention is always recommended. Pouring or spray with 500 times dilution with water 7 days before transplanting. When transplanting, dip the root with 300 times solution. After transplanting, if the diseases are severe, apply every 7-10 days for 1-3 times in succession.
* Secondary dilution method: Firstly stirring CALIBUR™ with a small amount of water to make a concentrated solution, and then dilute it with more water as recommendation.
* CALIBUR™ is stable under acidic conditions, it can be mixed with various pesticides, acaricides, and fungicides, but it cannot be mixed with strong alkaline pesticides.
If you are interested in CALIBUR™，please contact:
This article was initially published in AgroPages 'Annual Review 2019' magazine. Download the PDF version of the magazine to read more articles.
More from AgroNews
Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.