The 14th International Crop Science Conference & Exhibition (ICSCE 2019)
organized by Pesticides Manufacturers and Formulators Association of India (PMFAI) took place in Gurugram, New Delhi NCR, India on 14th & 15th November 2019.
Welcome Address by Mr. Pradip Dave, President, PMFAI
The two days event made an auspicious beginning with warm welcome address by PMFAI President Mr. Pradip Dave. ICSCE is an international platform for Agrochemical/Pesticide companies to develop strategic and sourcing relationships with international pesticide companies and to get updated on current trends in Agrochemical market. ICSCE is an annual international event organized by PMFAI to improve the health of Generic Pesticide Industry and to bring the researchers in the field of agriculture, pesticide manufacturers, agrochemical traders and allied industry under one roof. ICSCE provided opportunity for business expansion by way of joint ventures, bilateral trade, sub-contracting / contract manufacturing and distribution and networking opportunities for buyers and sellers to benefit mutually.
Keynote Address by Chief Guest Padma Vibhushan Dr. R.A. Mashelkar
Inauguration of the event was held in the hands of Padma Vibhushan Dr. Raghunath Mashelkar, National Research Professor and President, Global Research Alliance. Dr. Mashelkar also delivered keynote speech in the Inaugural Session of ICSCE 2019. We are sure, the positive messages from the speech of Dr. Mashelkar will reverberate in the minds of all participants for a long time.
Padma Vibhushan Dr. R.A. Mashelkar inaugurating ICSCE 2019
With 2000 plus footfall and more than 1000 registered delegates’ participation, the event was a resounding success. Delegates from various countries included - Australia, Argentina, Abidan, Brazil, Belgium, Bangladesh, China, Chile, Columbia, Charlotte, Egypt, Ethiopia, Europe, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Korea, Kenya, Kuwait, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Syria, Singapore, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Tanzania, U.S.A., United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Vietnam.
The event hosted renowned pesticide scientists and industry experts, who gave presentations on various important topics, brief details of which are as given below:
• Overview of South Eastern Market and Registration Procedures – Dr. Piyatida (Tung) Pucklai – Regional Business Development Director (Asia Pacific), Dr. Knoell Consult, Thai Co. Ltd.
• Novel benign and sustainable adjuvant delivery systems for Agrochemicals and Biosolutions – Mr. Rene Haensel (Global Head-R&D), Evonik Industries AG
• Workshop: Overview of Indian Agriculture – Emphasis on Market, Registration Procedure, Know-how of Chemistry & Indian Exports.
- Chemical Capabilities of Indian Crop Protection Companies – Mr. Vijay Rai, Chairman, Akola Chemicals India Ltd.
- Indian Agriculture & Crop Protection Market – Mr. Anil Kakkar, Vice President, Marketing, Sumitomo India Ltd.
- Export Potential for Crop Protection Products from India – Mr. Subra Jyoti Roy, Vice President – Intl. Business, Rallis India Ltd.
- Registration & Regulatory Compliance for Crop Protection in India – Dr. A. Kuppuswamy, Sr. G.M. & Head, Regulatory Affairs, Coromandel International Ltd.
• New Generation Surfactants for Pesticide Formulation – Mr. Marc Balastre, Business Development Manager for Agro, Solvay Singapore
• Govt. of India’s Research on Seaweed based Biostimulants for enhancing Crop Productivity and alleviation of Biotic and Abiotic stress and LSPB Soil Application through ZEOLITE granules – Mr. Reza Jivani, Managing Director, Vikas Crop Care & Dr. Arup Ghosh, Principal Scientist (Head – Agronomy Department), CSIR-CSMCRI (Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute)
• Droplet Drying & Deposit Formation a new tool in Adjuvancy – Dr. Hrushikesh Mirgal, Croda India Ltd.
• Microbes will rule the biological space in Sustainable Agriculture – Founder & CMD, Ms. Sandeepa Kanitkar, Kanbiosys Pvt. Ltd.
• Sustainability Trends in Agrochemical Research and Development – Dr. Bhanu Manjunath, Director, Research & Technology Centre, Syngenta Biosciences Pvt. Ltd.
• High Load Macro and Micro nutrients suspensions in water: A universal and versatile dispersing agent – Dr. Filippo Quaglia, Sr. Researcher for Agrochemical Formulations at Lamberti spa.
• Green Chemistry: from biomass to sustainable solutions for Agriculture – Dr. Arnold Demaere, Minafin Group of Belgium.
• Driving Solutions for Surfactant Systems in Agrochemical Formulations – Dr. G. Hema Sagar, Dow
• Workshop: Global Agrochemical Market 2018/2019 with future prospects and with a particular focus on the US market including the Registration Procedures, Status of India GSP benefits, status of US/China Trade and Market – Dr. Bob Fairclough, Principal Consultant, AgriGlobe®, Kleffman Group & Dr. Puran Mal, Team Manager, Amis® AgriGlobe®, Kleffman Group
Above presentations and workshops greatly helped participants in gaining knowledge on Global Agrochemicals market and emerging trends in Agrochemical business. With greater participation by key players in Global Agrochemical market, the participants appreciated the event.
SECOND PMFAI-SML AGCHEM AWARDS 2019
Coinciding with ICSCE 2019, the Second “PMFAI-SML Annual Agchem Awards 2019” was held on 14th November 2019 evening at Hyatt Regency Gurugram, New Delhi NCR. PMFAI-SML Agchem Awards was instituted from 2018 to recognize and honour outstanding achievements in Indian Agrochemical Industry and remarkable contributions, which helps Sustainable growth of Agriculture.
"PMFAI - SML Agchem Annual Awards" which made remarkable beginning in 2018 with permanent sponsorship by M/s. Sulphur Mills Limited, one of the globally known leading Indian Agrochemical Company.
The Award Function begun with Welcome Address by Dr. Samir Dave, General Secretary-PMFAI and Director, AIMCO Pesticides Ltd. who in his address briefed the gathering of over 1000 persons about the awards and judging panel.
On behalf of Sponsors of PMFAI-SML Agchem Awards M/s. Sulphur Mills Limited, Mr. Deepak Shah, Chairman & Managing Director addressed the gathering and Mr. G. Veerabhadram, CEO made brief presentation about the sponsoring company.
The Awards for the year 2019 was presented to the winners in the hands of Padma Vibhushan Dr. Raghunath Mashelkar, who is also the Chairman of the Award Committee. The Award Committee of independent panel of judges consisting of scientists and professionals scrutinized the award applications to decide winners in different categories of awards.
Given below are Winners in different categories of awards in second PMFAI-SML Agchem Awards 2019.
1. Best Emerging Company: Small Scale
Vimal Crop Care Pvt. Ltd.
2. Best Emerging Company: Medium Scale
Spectrum Ethers Ltd.
3. Best Emerging Company: Large Scale
Heranba Industries Ltd.
4. Award for Formulation Innovation Award
Willowood Crop Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
5. Award for Outstanding Innovation: Chemical Synthesis
6. Company of the Year: Small Scale
Sandhya Organics Pvt. Ltd.
7. Company of the Year: Medium Scale
Agrow Allied Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
8. Company of the Year: Large Scale
Insecticides India Limited
9. Export Excellence Award: Small Scale
Jeevan Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
10. Export Excellence Award: Medium Scale
Agrow Allied Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
11. Export Excellence Award – Large Scale
Meghmani Organics Limited
12. Social Responsibility Excellence Award
13. Excellence in Stewardship Award
Bharat Insecticides Limited
14. Lifetime Achievement Award
Mr. R.D. Shroff, Chairman & MD, UPL Limited
Shri R.D. Shroff, CMD-UPL Limited bestowed with Lifetime Achievement Award in “PMFAI-SML Annual Agchem Award 2019”.
The Award Function was followed by entertainment program, cocktails and dinner reception.