Feb. 19, 2019
The Pesticide Unit of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has launched an open consultation
on the draft scientific report of EFSA on the Establishment of cumulative assessment groups of pesticides for their effects on the thyroid. This document proposes cumulative assessment groups of pesticides to be used to perform cumulative risk assessments for 2 specific effects that pesticide residues may have on the thyroid.
Interested parties are invited to submit written comments by 22 March 2019. Please use the electronic template provided at this link
to submit comments and refer to the line and page numbers. To submit additional data or files to support your comments the upload function of the tool is available (maximum size of files is 1Mb). Alternatively, please contact the unit’s functional mailbox email@example.com
. Please note that comments will not be considered if they:
• are submitted after the closing date of the consultation
• are presented in any form other than what is provided for in the instructions and template
• are not related to the contents of the document
• contain complaints against institutions, personal accusations, irrelevant or offensive statements or material
• are related to policy or risk management aspects, which is out of the scope of EFSA's activity.
EFSA will assess all comments from interested parties which are submitted in line with the criteria above. The comments will be further considered by the relevant EFSA Panel and taken into consideration if found to be relevant.