Recently, a glufosinate project in China’s Nanjing Chemical Park Industrial Park, invested in by Nanjing Red Sun Biogeochemical, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nanjing Red Sun
, was commissioned successfully and brought on stream.
The project is designed to have an annual production capacity of 3,000 tons of glufosinate, using Red Sun’s world-advanced proprietary production process, which was developed by Red Sun after 10 years. The process has the following five advantages:
1. Less investment: The process uses a modular, automated and continuous technique, which involves less investment.
2. Low cost: The process allows for recycling in the course of production activities, which brings about a lower cost of production and stronger competitiveness of the product.
3. Environment-friendly, waste recovery and energy conservation: The process solves the tough problem of waste treatment existing in the conventional production process. The process is basically free of waste gas and solid waste, whilst waste water is turned into value, energy is saved and emissions are reduced.
4. High degree of safety: The process is fully digitalized and automated, which ensures all the production steps are safe, healthy, clean, hygienic and risk free.
5. Bright future market prospects: The process is an internationally advanced process, which has the advantages of cost, technology and environmental compliance, being able to support the production of a substitute for glyphosate.
With its capacity being reached at a later date, Red Sun’s leading position and competitiveness in the non-selective herbicide market is expected to be further strengthened, which will have a positive impact on the business development of the company.