Excel Crop Care Ltd's Q2FY19 standalone net profit declines 7.47% yoy to Rs41.78cr
Nov. 5, 2018
• Gross margin has remained stable at ~36% during Q2FY19 as compared to the last year despite volatile external environment and currency fluctuations.
• However, the contraction in EBITDA margin is on account of lower operating leverage during the quarter on likely softness in the sales volumes. This is also on account of increase in other expenses by ~26% yoy to Rs57.2cr, which likely includes legal and consultancy expenses towards merger with the promoter company ‘Sumitomo Chemical India’.
• The trade receivables have increased sharply despite no significant increase in level of operations to Rs400.3cr as on September 30, 2018 vs. ~Rs248cr as on March 31, 2018. This indicates increase in the working capital days of the company during H1FY19 on account of erratic monsoons and soft crop prices.
More from AgroNews
- Sichuan Lomon Bio Takes S-ABA and Gibberellin as Core Products to Build Full Range Product Line on Basis of Biotechnology
- AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals rebrands as Nouryon
- What venture capital looks for in agricultural start-ups
- Lim-Loges and Masters: Providing Strategic Counselling in Asia during Challenging Times