Aug. 10, 2018
- Fortenza is registered for control of European chafer, June beetle, wireworm, and seed corn maggot
- Syngenta Seedcare offer for soybeans includes both leading insect and disease protection
Syngenta Canada Inc. is pleased to announce the registration of Fortenza® insecticide as a soybean seed treatment for control of below-ground pests such as European chafer, June beetle, wireworm, and seed corn maggot.
An insecticide seed treatment is the only way to control below-ground pests. Left unchecked, these insects feed on the roots of growing soybean seedlings, resulting in stunted plants and a compromised soybean stand.
Fortenza is a Group 28, non-neonicotinoid insecticide that is safe on seed and compatible with most Rhizobium-based inoculants,” says Shaun Vey, Seedcare™ and Inoculants Product Lead with Syngenta Canada. “Fortenza contributes to a strong soybean stand, even under heavy insect pressure, producing faster and more uniform growth with reduced insect feeding.”
Fortenza rounds out the Syngenta soybean Seedcare portfolio – a line-up that already includes Apron® XL and Vibrance® Maxx RFC fungicides.
Vey says that Fortenza can be combined with Vibrance Maxx to add control of a broad spectrum of diseases that includes seed rot, seedling blight, pre- and post-emergent damping off, and early-season root rot on Phytophthora-tolerant varieties.
“With the registration of Fortenza, Syngenta is able to offer soybean growers a comprehensive solution,” Vey says. “Growers can pair strong insect protection with proven disease protection from a single supplier, knowing that a local team of Seedcare experts is available to offer support throughout the season.”
Fortenza is applied at rates of 41.5 to 83 mL per 100 kg of seed (25 to 50 g of active ingredient per 100 kg of seed) for control of European chafer, June beetle, and seed corn maggot. The higher rate should be used for control of wireworm.
Syngenta Canada hopes to expand the Fortenza product label to include additional pests in time for the 2019 growing season.
For more information about Fortenza insecticide soybean seed treatment, please visit the product page, contact your local Syngenta Representative or call our Customer Interaction Centre at 1-87-SYNGENTA (1-877-964-3682).
More from AgroNews
- Health Canada proposes banning neonicotinoid insecticides in five years
- Brazil AgrochemShow 2018: Exemption of adjuvants from registration requires legal attention
- Most Chinese listed pesticide enterprises’ semi-annual performance in 2018 predicted to grow
- QSAR (Quantitative structure-activity relationship) Models: An Increasing Trend in Toxicological Evaluations for Pesticides Registration