Mar. 13, 2018
’s 2,4-D 80% WG was approved for registration in Brazil, with the holder being Rainbow’s subsidiary corporation in Brazil, Rainbow Defensivos Agrícolas LTDA. Until now, Rainbow has obtained 15 pesticide technical registrations and eight formulation registrations in Brazil.
As one of the most important 2,4-D producers in China, Rainbow
focuses more on research and development of 2,4-D granules. Rainbow has successfully obtained the patent of 2,4-D WG production formula in China. Compared with other formulations, such as 2,4-D SL and 2,4-D Ester, it has the following advantages:
1) Lower volatilization and drifting, safer during application, can protect crops that are susceptible to 2,4-D.
2) Higher concentration can decrease logistics costs and package costs.
3) Lower dosage and cheaper cost.
4) More welcomed by famers because there is no need to recycle the containers.
5) Less smell.
6) 2,4-D Ester has been forbidden in many areas, but 2,4-D WG can be used normally and widely.
At the moment, the most popular formulation of 2,4-D in the Brazil market is 2,4-D SL, with very few companies with registration of 2,4-D WG. After Rainbow got 2,4-D 80 per cent WG registration, farmers have more choices in the field and the needs of the Brazil agrochemical market could be satisfied better.