Sakata Group sales up 5.2% in 2017 financial year
Nov. 20, 2017
- Sales of vegetable seeds increased significantly, but sales of flower seeds fell slightly amid market stagnation.
- Vegetable seeds: top sellers included broccoli, bunching onion and lettuce.
- Materials: sales increased slightly year-on-year as demand for agricultural pipe and materials for green houses was stimulated by rising oil prices and price hikes for steel pipe.
- Performance by region:
- Performance by product:
- Home improvement retailers: sales declined significantly due to the impact of unseasonable summer and autumn weather, poor sales of materials, and continued restraints on sales of unprofitable product lines; profitability improved significantly, however, due to progress in limiting sales of less profitable product lines, coupled with efforts to constrain operating costs. · Mail order sale: sales of seedlings and bulbs failed to grow due to the impact of unusually heavy autumn rains; with the transition to an online subscriber system complete, costs were cut by switching to electronic publication of mail-order catalogs and other materials.
- Garden shop: solid sales of seeds and plants due to more frequent sales events were offset by a significant dip in sales of novelty items, leading to a year-on-year decline in aggregate sales revenue.
- Sales revenue generated by landscaping and garden construction services increased significantly with the completion of large-scale projects for both government agencies and private-sector companies.
More from AgroNews
- Brazil AgrochemShow 2018: Exemption of adjuvants from registration requires legal attention
- Most Chinese listed pesticide enterprises’ semi-annual performance in 2018 predicted to grow
- QSAR (Quantitative structure-activity relationship) Models: An Increasing Trend in Toxicological Evaluations for Pesticides Registration
- Interview Series 1: New Solutions for Control of Asian Soybean Rust in South America