Syngenta and No-Till Farmer seek outstanding no-tillage industry leaders
Apr. 14, 2017
“We’re proud to partner with No-Till Farmer again to seek out a new class of innovators of sustainable farming methods,” said Melissa Lord, customer event & tradeshow lead at Syngenta. “Year over year, growers, educators and organizations alike continue to highlight how their advancement in the no-tillage industry are making a positive impact on the environment and their local communities.”
Nominations are open to individuals or groups, who have significantly contributed to advancing no-till farming in the U.S. or Canada, regardless of the crop grown, brand of equipment used, or crop protection or seed products used. The No-Till Innovator Awards recognize excellence in each of the following four categories:
• Business and Service: A business or service representative who promotes the environmental and economic advantages of no-till or who encourages the adoption of no-till practices. Potential nominees include certified crop consultants, agronomists, professional farm managers and retailers; fertilizer, agrichemical, seed and equipment dealers; or individuals who have designed an innovative modification to existing equipment, created new no-till equipment or developed a new method to improve no-till farming.
• Crop Production: A grower who has increased the economic viability of no-till on his or her farm. Criteria include innovation, creativity, willingness to share findings with others and creating a positive image for no-till farming.
• Organization: A group that has actively promoted no-till farming through activities, programs, clubs or educational seminars.
• Research and Education: A university researcher, educator, center of influence or extension specialist who tests and evaluates no-till concepts, products or equipment, and who promotes the benefits of no-till farming.
“As a sponsor of the National No-Tillage Conference for 25 years, Syngenta is dedicated to the continued progression of no-till farming. We look forward to learning more about the groups and individuals who are committed to making no-till farming more effective and economical,” Lord said.
The 2017 winners will be announced at the National No-Tillage Conference in Louisville, Kentucky, January 9-12, 2018. Winners will receive complimentary registration and lodging for the duration of the conference, as well as a special token of appreciation to commemorate the honor.
For more information on the 2017 No-Till Innovator Awards, visit www.syngentaus.com/NoTill. Join the conversation online – connect with us at social.SyngentaUS.com.
More from AgroNews
- Beijing Multigrass releases Gibberellic acid, draws wide response from global distributors
- 2,4-D survey in China：Oversupply has occurred, still facing challenges from environmental protection pressure
- 2018 CPEW will hold a closed-door Business Matching Meeting for overseas participants and leading Chinese agrochemical suppliers
- Monsanto: Ushering in the Next Wave of Agriculture Innovations with Emerging Tech Trends and Integrated Solutions for the Farm