By Think Real - On 7 July, 2016, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nanjing Redsun Group Co., Ltd. (Nanjing Redsun), Yang Shouhai, hosted a board meeting in the Redsun (Anhui) Life and Material Sciences Industrial Park, on which the development plan of Nanjing Redsun in 2016 and the next five years was specially discussed.
It was decided on the meeting that Nanjing Redsun’s position should be changed during the Thirteenth Five-year Plan period (2016-2020): based on its advantages in talents, technologies and brands in the field of biochemical and agricultural environmentally-friendly pesticides, it will transform and upgrade its businesses to form the following five agrochemical industry chains:
1. In Aug. 2016, to set up the largest scale pyridine base industry chain with the total capacity reaching 50,000t/a.
2. Based on market needs, to reduce the capacity of paraquat to 20,000t/a and increase that of diquat to 5,000t/a.
3. By the end of 2016, to newly build pyridine base industry chain, of which the capacities of fluorine chlorine pyridine and chlorine pyridinereach 10,000t/a and 20,000t/a respectively.
4. To complete the chlorpyrifos industry chain, replace chlorine pyridine with trichloropyridine and maintain the total capacity of the industry chain at 30,000t/a-50,000t/a.
5. To set up the industry chain of pyrethroids in May 2017.
6. To build the industry chain for fungicides. As fungicides have been a shortage in the pesticide business of Nanjing Redsun, the company plans to build the largest scale intelligent prochloraz industry chain. In addition, it will build the new production lines for 500t/a pyraclostrobin and prothioconazole and finish their registrations in the shortest time.
Apart from the above five, Nanjing Redsun plans to develop L-glufosinate-ammonium. It was deemed on the meeting that there are many flaws in the mainstream production technique of glufosinate-ammonium in China, such as a lot of waste water, waste gas and solid waste, which is against the direction of green and environmental friendliness advocated by the Chinese government.
Under the circumstances, L-glufosinate-ammonium, with independent intellectual property rights, was created, whose lab batch has been finished so far. In 2016, the pilot batch and small-volume production of it will be finished and it will be launched into the market in 2017. L-glufosinate-ammonium is not only a brand new chemical compound with obvious weeding effect, but can guarantee that its production technique can completely reach the requests of energy-saving and discharge-reduction by the country.