Dec 06, 2023, 07:06 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Spektrum SKY ID, android cell phone app

Is there an app that can receive data from the Spektrum SKY ID that works on an android cell phone?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2023, 07:09 PM
Yes. Go to the Play Store and search for Remote ID.

Andy
Dec 06, 2023, 08:00 PM
Better SAFE than sorry!
Is there a Spektrum app specifically, or do you just look for an app that says it's compatible with the FAA's Remote ID program?
Dec 06, 2023, 08:15 PM
There's a ton to choose from. We didn't need to write one. We follow the same standard every other company did.

Andy
Dec 06, 2023, 11:09 PM
Thread OP
I briefly looked, and I was hoping somebody has some experience with an app that will log GPS data, and could give a recommendation.
Dec 07, 2023, 07:13 AM
Write down your wish list of features. Maybe someone will know of one. Or write it.

Be specific, too. "Log GPS data" to what? For how long? What fields? See what I mean?

Andy
Dec 08, 2023, 06:32 PM
Just plane Mad

Drone

The Drone scanner app has export data feature. Don’t know if it’s capable of desired information.
Unfortunately you need someone transmitting data to gather it. I have yet to pickup anyone transmitting in my area.
Jan 22, 2024, 01:16 AM
I installed Dronetag app because I thought I read somewhere it can record my flight path. I have not flown skyid in my plane yet, but walked around my neighborhood while watching my phone. It does show where I was accurately, but could not find a way to record my path. I guess we will need to try each app.
Jan 22, 2024, 07:59 AM
You have the app tracking your particular ID module and you don't see the path? (You're doing something wrong then).

Or are you wanting it to track the path of your phone? (It doesn't do that).

Andy
Jan 22, 2024, 02:10 PM
Do I need to be signed in to see my flight path with Dronetag app? I am using my phone on the ground to receive the flight data from the SkyID.
Jan 22, 2024, 02:22 PM
Working from memory here, so somebody correct me where I mess up.

You need to have the app actively tracking your Sky module. When you see your module's ID, tap it. That starts the tracking.

Set your phone down, then walk around the yard. When you come back to your phone, you should see your path as a line on the phone.

I've never tried having the phone in one and and the Sky in the other. Not sure what that would show.

Andy
Jan 23, 2024, 02:55 AM
I tapped on the blue dot, assuming it is my SkyID, but nothing happened. I could still see the dot move but no tracking on my phone. I held my phone while I walked around. Could it be the problem?
Jan 23, 2024, 03:08 AM
I just tried by leaving my phone at home and walked SkyID around with no avail.
Jan 23, 2024, 07:39 AM
Apparently you aren't starting the track properly. Leave your phone in one place, walk around outside with the module, and it should show you a track.

Walking around the living room won't do it.

Andy
Jan 24, 2024, 12:36 AM

Dronetag App

I signed in with a different email address as I was unable to reset my pw. You do need to sign in to access functionalities I was looking for.
Last edited by heiwa; Jan 28, 2024 at 03:48 AM.

Quick Reply