Apr. 16, 2013
- Márcio Nascimento
Marcio developed his career in seed companies like Pioneer, Asgrow and Seminis (Monsanto). Most of the time he had positions on Sales & Marketing and New Produc...
- China Green Agriculture Signed A Five-Year Cooperation Agreement with Zhejiang Dealer
- China's 250 g / L azoxystrobin SC first registered for rice blast
- New potato herbicide, insecticide expansion approved
- China introduces Japanese fertilizer slow-release technology
- SGS Brookings announces reaccreditation by the USDA National Seed Health System
- Brazil corn seed companies offer almost 500 hybrids to growers
- Novozymes' new CEO Peder Holk Nielsen takes office
The reasons for this increase were:
• Introduction of new and superior varieties and hybrids with better ability to react to modern agriculture supplies and also to have better tolerance to low temperatures and iron toxicity;
• The implementation of better crop management practices specially by Embrapa and IRGA.
This project showed that rice growers can get much higher yield if they use the correct number of plants per hectares, as well as appropriated fertilization, adequate irrigation practices, weed control and pest and disease controls.
Average yield of irrigated rice is approximately 7.5 tons per hectare in view of all these procedures. Seed treatment is another positive procedure for the crop.
The bigger use of improved seed shows that the rice growers are more professional and they are conducting their rice farms during the past few years much better.