Oct. 8, 2012
- STK received extension of biofungicide Timorex Gold® against ojo de gallo and cercospora in coffee in Peru
- Stockton to receive Timorex Gold approval in US
- Stockton extends bio-fungicide Timorex Gold registration in Colombia
- Biofungicide Timorex Gold controlling pathogens in Mexican tomatoes
- Biofungicide Timorex Gold receives registration in Serbia
- Biofungicide Timorex Gold Receives Registration in Chile
- The Stockton Group Receives First Registration in Australia for Timorex Gold
- Biofungicide Timorex Gold brings a solution to rice blast control in Japan
- Bio-fungicide Timorex Gold can control Black Sigatoka in Banana
The Stockton Group (STK), an international crop protection organization, has received approval for the use of its proprietary fungicide Timorex Gold from the registration authorities of Peru. Timorex Gold, based on a plant extract of the Melaleuca alternifolia plant, has been approved for use on strawberry and banana in Peru. The unique and powerful potential of this natural plant extract offers an attractive alternative for plant disease control in agricultural crops.
Timorex Gold exhibits superb prophylactic and extremely strong curative efficacy against Black sigatoka, with exceptional performance in the most intense disease pressure conditions. This unique biofungicide is effective not only on banana crops but also against a broad range of foliar diseases, such as Botrytis cinerea in Strawberry.
Botrytis cinerea is a widespread phytopathogenic fungus which causes Gray-mold rot or Botrytis blight and affects most vegetable and fruit crops, as well as a large number of shrubs, trees, flowers, and weeds. It is one of the major fungus found in Strawberry. This fungus can eventually consume and decompose the whole fruit. It is recommended to use Timorex Gold as a preventive biofungicide.
Timorex Gold can be applied year round without establishing resistance and is not toxic to crops, the end-user or the environment. It leaves no residues, reduces the pesticide load, and is an effective tool in resistance management.
More from AgroNews
Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.