Sep. 26, 2012
- EFSA releases data on Monsanto's GM corn NK603
- Russia cancels temporary ban on GM maize NK603
- EU identifies 'serious defects' in French GM rat study
- GM crop debate in France leads company to drop field tests
- EFSA publishes initial review on GM maize and herbicide study
- South Africa call for immediate ban on GM maize NK603
- Monsanto responds to French rat study
- Study links GM maize to tumours in rats
The reason was the recent publication by Seralini, et al "Long term toxicity of a Roundup herbicide and a Roundup-tolerant genetically modified maize" in "Food and Chemical Toxicology" journal.
Formal request to review correct the conclusions of the European scientists are has directed to FGBU "Institute of Nutrition". In addition, a formal letter of request to comment on the situation and to state the position of the European Union on this issue was sent to the Director General of the Directorate General for Health and Consumer Protection of the European Commission.
Importation and circulation of maize NK603 is suspended until full information on the issue.
More from AgroNews
Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.