EuroChem Completes Acquisition of K+S Nitrogen
Jul. 4, 2012
- K+S to sell nitrogen fertilizer distribution unit to EuroChem
- EuroChem completes acquisition of BASF’s fertilizer assets
- EuroChem Fertilizers to Invest $2 Bln in Kazakh Deposits
- EuroChem interested in buying K+S nitrogen operations
- BASF to sell fertilizer activities to EuroChem
- EuroChem interested in acquiring BASF’s fertilizer assets
EuroChem and K+S announced the successful completion of the acquisition of K+S Nitrogen by EuroChem. The sale of K+S’ nitrogen fertiliser distribution business to EuroChem was approved by the EU antitrust authority on June 25, 2012.
“The acquisition of K+S Nitrogen is the latest step in our strategy to expand EuroChem’s geographic footprint and move closer to our end-users, while further bolstering our product offering,” commented Valery Rogalskiy, EuroChem sales Director.
The strategy of the K+S Group provides for growth in the Potash and Magnesium Products and the Salt business segments and for focusing management resources and financial means on this accordingly. Against this background, K+S had sold the business activities of COMPO to the investment company Triton last year and announced the sale of K+S Nitrogen to EuroChem on May 8, 2012.
More from AgroNews
Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.