Pioneer brand corn and soybean products continue to set records
Nov. 13, 2019
“Pioneer continues to push the limits on yield. Despite the difficult growing season, Pioneer delivered the industry-leading performance for 2019 on-farm yield trials that farmers have come to expect from Pioneer brand products and services,” said Judd O’Connor, President, U.S. Commercial Business, Corteva Agriscience. “To ensure farmers get the best genetics possible, Pioneer draws from our unique, world-leading germplasm library. Fewer than one in 10,000 products tested pass the rigorous standards to be sold in a Pioneer bag.”
Corn Revolution Leads Charge
Starting with the world’s most comprehensive corn germplasm library and applying a unique process of predictive analytics, advanced breeding technologies, and real-world testing, Pioneer is revolutionizing corn performance.
The Corn Revolution is translating into yield across the country. In more than 8,000 on-farm comparisons, the top 40 Pioneer brand corn products by demand delivered a 6.1 bu/A average yield advantage over the competition. This tops the record performance in 2018 and demonstrates the consistently high performance of the Pioneer lineup.1
Pioneer® brand Qrome® products, available across a broad range of geographies in 2019, are rising above the competition with a 6.9 bu/A average yield advantage overall.2 These products are optimized for a balance of insect protection, yield potential and agronomic performance, and succeeding in a variety of conditions. When compared against competitors in corn following corn fields, Pioneer has an even more distinct advantage, boasting an 8.2 bu/A average yield advantage.3
Products across all maturities and technology packages have demonstrated superior yield advantages against competitors this year. Some of the top performers are:
- Pioneer® P0075AM™ brand corn with a 10.1 bu/A advantage
- Pioneer® P0720Q™ brand corn with a 10.0 bu/A advantage
- Pioneer® P1108Q™ brand corn with a 9.3 bu/A advantage
- Pioneer® P1380AM™ brand corn with a 9.8 bu/A advantage
- Pioneer® P1563AM™ brand corn with a 9.2 bu/A advantage
“Our mix of science and technology, combined with our focus on local adaptations of hybrids, is unmatched in the industry,” said Matt Smalley, Research Director, North America Corn Breeding, Corteva Agriscience. “We’ve assembled all the pieces together in a very efficient system: molecular markers, double haploids, precision phenotyping and data analytics. Other companies may have one or two of these, but the complete system is what gives Pioneer brand products the consistency and performance that farmers know and trust.”
Pioneer® Brand A-Series Soybeans Excel Again
Pioneer® brand A-Series soybeans continue to give farmers industry-leading yield performance, boasting a 2.4 bu/A average yield advantage against the competition in nearly 4,500 on-farm comparisons, winning 69% of the time.4 A-Series soybeans continue to reach the 100 bu/A threshold, with 93 farmers exceeding the mark in 2018 and 2019.
Five A-Series varieties with Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® technology that are top volume products for 2020 have outperformed competitive varieties in local, on-farm trials.5
- Pioneer® variety P28A42X with a 2.8 bu/A advantage
- Pioneer® variety P31A22X with a 3.1 bu/A advantage
- Pioneer® variety P33A53X with a 2.8 bu/A advantage
- Pioneer® variety P42A96X with a 4.4 bu/A advantage
- Pioneer® variety P48A60X with an 8.1 bu/A advantage
The future appears to be even brighter. The newest class of A-Series soybeans, introduced earlier this year, are delivering a 3.1 bu/A average yield advantage in more than 1,300 on-farm comparisons, winning 74% of the time6 - a 1.0 bu/A increase compared to the prior year’s class of A-Series soybeans.
Pioneer’s herbicide-tolerant trait platforms continue to deliver top performance while giving growers the weed control options they want:
- A-Series soybeans with Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® technology boasted a 2.3 bu/A average yield advantage vs. competitive varieties with Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® technology, winning nearly 70% of on-farm trials.7
- With a 3.8 bu/A average yield advantage, Pioneer® brand soybeans with the LibertyLink® gene beat competitive varieties with the LibertyLink® gene 78% of the time in more than 230 on-farm comparisons.8
- With the most advanced weed control trait technology for soybeans, Pioneer® brand Enlist E3™ soybeans provide excellent broadleaf weed control and ease of use for farmers and applicators. Limited quantities in 2019 demonstrated good performance and a new standard in weed control. Pioneer has expanded availability of Enlist E3 soybeans for the 2020 season in a wide range of maturities.
“The investments we’ve made in research are driving the performance that our customers experience with A-Series soybeans. We’re using predictive tools, precision phenotyping and data analytics to more effectively select elite products,” said Jeff Thompson, Research Director, North America Soybean, Corteva Agriscience. “Today we have 30% more R&D centers conducting soybean research trials. Our soybean product pipeline is tested at more than 600 locations across multiple years. These investments help ensure consistent outstanding product performance for our customers, year after year.”
More from AgroNews
Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.