May. 15, 2019
Nissan Chemical Corporation announces the start of sales of GRACIA® Emulsion (fluxametamide) on May 15. It is a new insecticide that was registered as an agricultural chemical on January 22, 2019.
In Nissan’s medium-term business plan Vista2021, they defined GRACIA® insecticide as a source of growth in the Agricultural Chemicals Division. They aim to achieve domestic and overseas sales of 10 billion yen.
GRACIA® Emulsion is an insecticide for vegetables and tea containing fluxametamide (IRAC MoA Code* 30) as the active ingredient, which has an action mechanism that differs from that of existing ingredients. This insecticide rapidly exhibits its effects, because the activity of fluxametamide itself reaches insect pests directly. It is effective against a very wide range of serious pests and produces outstanding effects against pests that are resistant to existing insecticides. In addition, it has only a limited impact on bees as flower-visiting insects. It helps protect cultivated crops from insect pest damage and maintain constant crop yields.
Features of GRACIA® Emulsion
- Contains the new active ingredient fluxametamide, which demonstrates a notable effect against resistant insect pests
- The active ingredient has a direct effect on pests, removing them before cultivated crops are damaged
- Exceptionally effective against a wide variety of lepidopteran pests to perform simultaneous pest control against thrips, whiteflies, leaf-miner flies, spider mites, rust mites and other mites
- Limited impact on honeybees, bumblebees, and other flower-visiting insects
- Insecticidal effect that lasts about two weeks
- Penetration of the chemical into leaves helps produce its effect against underleaf insects
- So resistant to rain that the effects are unlikely to weaken in the event of rainfall after spraying
- Displays a constant effect under various conditions including high and low temperatures
* IRAC MoA Code
Code for the classification of insecticides by mode of action (MoA), developed by the Insecticide Resistance Action Committee (IRAC) of CropLife International