Staphyt Agrosciences adds Iteris ClearAg Content for enhanced crop research
−− ClearAg Weather Data Now Available to Staphyt Field Researchers Across Europe
Nov. 6, 2018
- Access to ClearAg “smart content” will provide critical support to agricultural field research across Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Russia and Morocco
- Deal marks growing adoption of predictive modeling within scientific trials industry
Iteris, Inc. (NASDAQ: ITI), the global leader in applied informatics for transportation and agriculture, and Staphyt Agrosciences, a leading contract research organization (CRO) in the field of agroscience, have announced the addition of Iteris ClearAg® smart content to Staphyt’s agricultural research operations.
Staphyt field researchers and crop scientists will now be able to access hyperlocal current, forecast and historical weather data via the ClearAg WeatherPlot® mobile application across 15 European countries, as well as Australia, New Zealand, Russia and Morocco.
“Staphyt Agrosciences wants to provide our customers with the best local data available to further improve our agronomic expertise,” said Arthur Boisleux, innovation manager at Staphyt. “Iteris’ ClearAg weather modeling technology enables our crop scientists across Europe to help with crop trial data collection, as well as reducing the need for in-field weather stations in favor of more accurate, hyperlocal digital agriculture models.”
“We are excited to provide a valuable subset of ClearAg’s environmental and atmospheric content to Staphyt agricultural researchers in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Russia and Morocco,” said Jim Chambers, senior vice president and general manager, Agriculture and Weather Analytics at Iteris. “By providing ClearAg’s smart content via WeatherPlot, Staphyt crop scientists can now leverage current, forecast and historical weather data for the effective management and interpretation of field research trials.”
The ClearAg WeatherPlot mobile app is a location-specific, agriculturally focused weather and soil decision support tool for agronomists, researchers and crop science professionals who manage product performance inquiries.
More from AgroNews
- Higher tier testing would answer neonicotinoid pesticide question
- Top 20 Brazilian agrochem companies in 2017: Mergers will increase market concentration in the future
- Sichuan Lomon Bio Takes S-ABA and Gibberellin as Core Products to Build Full Range Product Line on Basis of Biotechnology
- AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals rebrands as Nouryon