Vilmorin & Cie sales up 5.3% in Q1 2019
Nov. 6, 2018
- Sales for the first quarter 2018-2019: 207.5 million euros (+5.3% on a like-for-like basis)
- Confirmation of objectives for 2018-2019
- Vilmorin & Cie acquires the companies Sursem and Geneze (South America) and crosses a new threshold in the internationalization of its field seeds business
Vilmorin & Cie’s consolidated sales for the first quarter of 2018-2019, closing on September 30, 2018, corresponding to revenue from ordinary activities, stood at 207.5 million euros, stable with current data and up 5.3% on a like-for-like basis.
Consolidated financial information is established in compliance with the IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) reference, as adopted by the European Union on September 30, 2018.
The evolution of data for fiscal year 2018-2019 is analyzed both with current data and on a like-for-like basis. Like-for-like data concern data that are restated for constant scope and currency exchange rates.
Accordingly, the average exchange rate for fiscal year 2018-2019, and any changes in the scope, are applied to financial data for 2017-2018, for a true comparison with data from fiscal year 2018-2019.
- The change to the consolidation scope comes from the acquisition of the company AdvanSeed (Denmark. Vegetable Seeds) made in July 2018.
- The change in the scope of activity relates to the withdrawal by the Business Unit Vilmorin-Mikado (Vegetable Seeds) from the distribution of agricultural supplies in Japan, undertaken in fiscal year 2017- 2018.
Check the full report here.
More from AgroNews
Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.