12 Agtech startups selected to pitch at AgLaunch 's investor event
Feb. 26, 2018
Agtech entrepreneurs are addressing on-farm issues with real-world solutions like irrigation management, farm-level efficiencies, and autonomous equipment. The Startup Station will highlight more than a dozen companies that will receive feedback from an expert panel that includes farmers, investors, and industry experts. This event serves as the culmination of Phase II of the AgLaunch365 programming, a farm-centric model that supports agtech companies by connecting to them farmers early in their development process.
Current AgLaunch365 Cohort:
- EarthSense is developing ultra-compact autonomous robots that use machine-learning to monitor and manage problems in agriculture, specifically to identify weeds and chemical-free methods of reliably eradicating superweeds.
- Rabbit Tractors is building swarm-enabled, autonomous tractors that are approximately one-third the size and one-fourth the weight of normal tractors and spray rigs and capable of pulling implements as well as late-season spraying
- Rantizo is developing an electrostatic spraying system for targeted drone-based spraying.
AgLaunch Alumni Teams:
- Kilimo provides a decision-support tool for irrigation management in agriculture by using satellite, climate, and on-site data.
- Microbiometer is a quick test used to estimate the microbial biomass in soil in 10 minutes for 10 percent of the cost of a lab test.
- Persistence Data Mining is developing a non-intrusive remote hyper-spectral soil analysis to service large tracks of open farmland
- Skycision rapidly identifies field stress through the analysis of aerial imagery.
Additional participating teams being evaluated for investment or participating in
AgLaunch365 Phase III Farmer Network Field Trials and growth-track programming:
- AgHelp is an app and wrap-around services helping ag workers find jobs and resources
- AgriSync is a communication platform connecting farmers with trusted experts
- Global AgSmarte has developed SmarteRoot, an irrigation add-on that increases absorption of water and nutrients for crops to increase yields.
- Harvest Yield is an electronic record-keeping system to ensure accurate invoicing for custom harvesters.
- Stable'N is a nitrification inhibitor process that utilizes electricity delivered into the soil by a retrofit to existing fertilizer application equipment
- SwineTech has developed a farrowing safety device to protect the health of piglets.
During two investment pitch sessions, entrepreneurs will be given 8 minutes to pitch their ideas and 7 minutes to answer questions from a panel of farmers, investors, and agribusiness professionals who will provide feedback to refine these products and prepare the companies for follow-on investment and 2018 farm-scale trials. Participating panelists represent the following organizations:
- Growing Acres Farm
- Indigo Ag
- Innova Ag Innovation Fund IV
- Mid-South Family Farms
- National Black Growers Council
- Ritter Agribusiness
Teams that perform well will have the opportunity for follow-on investment from Innova Memphis and participation in 2018 farm-scale field trials with the AgLaunch Farmer Network.
The AgLaunch Startup Station will be open at the Chickasaw Room on the Mezzanine Level at Booth #4027 for anyone wishing to engage with the startup companies or to learn more about AgLaunch from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. The investment pitch sessions will be held from 10:30 am-12:00 pm and from 1:30 pm until 3:00 pm.
The Mid-South Farm and Gin Show hosts more than 400 exhibitors and 20,000 farmers every year. You can learn more about the Farm and Gin Show at their website https://www.farmandginshow.com.
AgLaunch Startup Station
Friday, March 2, 2018
9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Cook Convention Center, Chickasaw Room, Booth #4027
255 N Main St, Memphis, TN
Investment Pitch Session #1: 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Investment Pitch Session #2: 1:30 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Free Registration Here