Damien Bourgarel appointed CEO of Limagrain
Dec. 19, 2017
Damien Bourgarel, 47 years old, has been Limagrain's Deputy CEO since October 2016 and a member of the Executive Committee since 2009. He joined the Group in 2008 as CEO of Limagrain Céréales Ingrédients. Then in 2010, he was appointed CEO of Limagrain Coop* and Limagrain Céréales Ingrédients. In 2015, he became CEO of Limagrain Vegetable Seeds.
A graduate of the Ecole Polytechnique in 1993 and the Ecole des Mines in Paris in 1995, his first position involved industrial, and then marketing responsibilities in the Unilever Group from 1995 to 2008.
Damien Bourgarel is joining Jean-Yves Foucault, Chairman and elected farmer, at the head of Limagrain whose parent company is a cooperative that brings together 2,000 farmer members.
This tandem of elected farmer and salaried top executive is reproduced within each activity. The range of perspectives from board members (who direct and control) and top executives (who propose and implement) allows for a better understanding of the issues. This mode of governance, unique within the wide range of worldwide leaders in seeds, ensures stability of capital and solid development based on a long-term strategy.
* Business Unit which manages all the activities related to the Cooperative members
More from AgroNews
- Brazil AgrochemShow 2018: Exemption of adjuvants from registration requires legal attention
- Most Chinese listed pesticide enterprises’ semi-annual performance in 2018 predicted to grow
- QSAR (Quantitative structure-activity relationship) Models: An Increasing Trend in Toxicological Evaluations for Pesticides Registration
- Interview Series 1: New Solutions for Control of Asian Soybean Rust in South America