USA: Syngenta expands grain marketing options for corn hybrids with the Agrisure Duracade trait in 2018
Dec. 4, 2017
- Syngenta will continue work with Gavilon Grain, LLC to direct Agrisure Duracade corn to appropriate end user locations
- Growers can be confident in a simplified process with a variety of grain marketing options
- Agrisure Duracade trait stacks include Agrisure Duracade® 5222 E-Z Refuge®, the ultimate trait stack for insect control, simplicity and choice
Last Friday, Syngenta announced a simplified process with a variety of grain marketing options for grain containing the Agrisure Duracade® trait for 2018 planting. Working with Gavilon Grain, LLC, Syngenta will provide services to help growers identify accepting locations in their local geography, via an expanded list of elevators, ethanol plants, feedlots, feed mills and livestock feeders.
“Hybrids with the Agrisure Duracade trait offer growers the latest genetics and trait technology with a simple in-bag E-Z Refuge® seed blend,” said David Hollinrake, president of Syngenta Seeds, LLC. “We are invested in enabling access to these technologies because we believe growers will benefit from their performance and convenience.”
Growers planting hybrids with Agrisure Duracade in 2018 must sign a simple grain use marketing agreement indicating they will either deliver the grain to an approved accepting location or utilize it as feed. They will have access to a call center facilitated by Gavilon that will be devoted to connecting growers with accepting locations at harvest.
“We are pleased to continue our work with Syngenta to offer this opportunity to U.S. corn growers,” said Jim Spiehs, Regional Manager at Gavilon. “We are invested in the success of U.S. agriculture and are happy to assist growers with their grain containing Agrisure Duracade.”
The Agrisure Duracade trait is available in four trait stacks:
- Agrisure Duracade 5222A E-Z Refuge (includes Agrisure Viptera® and Agrisure Artesian® traits)
- Agrisure Duracade 5222 E-Z Refuge (includes Agrisure Viptera trait)
- Agrisure Duracade 5122A E-Z Refuge (includes Agrisure Artesian trait)
- Agrisure Duracade 5122 E-Z Refuge
Agrisure Duracade 5222 E-Z Refuge represents the most advanced trait stack on the market, offering premium, broad-spectrum insect control to protect genetic yield potential. Featuring the Agrisure Duracade and Agrisure Viptera® traits, it offers a unique protein and multiple modes of action against corn rootworm and aboveground insects to control 16 yield-limiting pests ― all while providing the convenience and simplicity of E-Z Refuge, a 5% in-bag refuge.
Additionally, Agrisure Duracade 5122 E-Z Refuge is available with multiple modes of action against corn rootworm and corn borer. Both Agrisure Duracade trait stacks are also available in water-optimizing Agrisure Artesian® hybrids, helping growers make the most of their available water.
More from AgroNews
- Health Canada proposes banning neonicotinoid insecticides in five years
- Brazil AgrochemShow 2018: Exemption of adjuvants from registration requires legal attention
- Most Chinese listed pesticide enterprises’ semi-annual performance in 2018 predicted to grow
- QSAR (Quantitative structure-activity relationship) Models: An Increasing Trend in Toxicological Evaluations for Pesticides Registration