Mar. 15, 2017
Nufarm is supporting today’s growing world by focusing on the view of tomorrow’s society – in community involvement, regional economic growth and environmental action.
We believe an emphasis on corporate social responsibility (CSR) is best achieved in an inclusive society, by connecting our employees to their local communities.
Returning from our once yearly immersion Board meeting in Brazil last month, I had the opportunity to witness how a robust CSR framework can empower our global workforce to support social issues in their own backyards.
Our people in Brazil are champions at focusing on how our services can make a difference in local communities by operating in an active, inspiring and innovative way.
Keeping social responsibility front-of-mind ensures we always consider the social and environmental impacts of our business. Thanks to the initiatives in Brazil, particularly in Fortaleza, Nufarm is helping communities in several ways by:
• providing charitable donations – food and clothing for communities with low socio-economic backgrounds;
• sponsoring events and programs – such as the ‘Fighting Drugs Project’ and Novo Barca to promote sports for local children and teenagers;
• supporting opportunities for disabled athletes;
• implementing an internship program – giving young locals opportunities and work-based education;
• leading a ‘cultivating reading’ program – our employees run reading activities on a voluntary basis; and
• holding annual site open days with programs and site tours – a great way to strengthen local community relationships.
It gave me great pride to see first-hand the positive impact our efforts are having in the community. Our support of public value outcomes means we can be an employer of choice, and enhance our relationships with our customers.
Latin America is on a journey marked by tremendous vitality and vision, making a positive contribution in the communities in which we are working. It’s a great example of how Nufarm is harnessing the power of the CSR revolution to accelerate global problem solving, enabling people and societies to thrive.
The opportunities are truly infinit (endless).
More from AgroNews
Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.