Market insights on Bolivian agriculture
Sep. 22, 2016
- Market insights on Panamanian and Costa Rican agriculture
- Market insights on Ecuadorian agriculture
- Market insights on Chilean and Peruvian agriculture
- Market insights on Colombian and Paraguayan agriculture
- Market insights on Mexican agriculture
- Market insights on Argentine agriculture
- Market insights on Brazilian agriculture
The lack of incentives for exports has limited agricultural expansion. Government interventions typically focus on avoiding higher prices by restricting exports.
The lack of research for developing Bolivian agriculture is another factor that directly contributes to poor yields. The country's soils differ from those found in Brazil, Argentina, and other neighboring countries. The technologies are, where possible, adapted to Bolivia's needs.
The following table shows the main crops (by area) and corresponding pests/diseases/weeds in the Bolivian market:
More from AgroNews
Subscribe to daily email alerts of AgroNews.